Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Hey, remember the part in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe when London gets bombed? Yeah, me neither--and I finished re-reading the book a couple days ago. But apparently the makers of the new movie do remember. I have a very bad feeling about this.

So, any guesses on how they're gonna justify this one? I have a few little theories myself.

Fantasy Director commentary #1: "First we had to show how ineffectual the children were in the face of German invasion--as, after all, Narnia is merely a daydream to allow the children to feel empowered."

Fantasy Director commentary #2: "When I read the novel, I realised right away that the real witch was in fact Hitler."

Fantasy Director commentary #3: "I really couldn't figure a better way to incorporate this many explosions. There're only so many times you can show the stone table blowing up in slow motion."

The director is Andrew Anderson of Shrek, so . . . Maybe there's . . . some explanation . . . Oh, who am I kidding, there's no explanation for this.

Maybe it's a hoax?

Uggg . . .

Opening up Windows Media Player I saw the usual smattering of annoying advertisements. But then, much to my astonishment, I saw that there was a video of a live Aimee Mann performance. Nice way to start the day--although it was also nifty procrastination fodder. Oh well . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment