Sunday, September 02, 2012

The Sheep of Knowledge

Oof, it's September, it's supposed to stop being summer now. And yet it's so damn hot still. Ugh.

I didn't sleep too well last night, I think because I played two games of chess before bed. I should know better--that sort of thing leaves me wired. I didn't even watch anything last night. I played chess, read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for thirty minutes and went to sleep.

I'm around sixty percent through the book, according to my Kindle. I know, a Kindle isn't the most ideal format--20,000 Leagues Under the Sea seems like something I'd want to read in a big, antique leather bound book but it's free on the Kindle and I simply can't argue with that.

Again, I love how the narrator, Aronnax, uses so much technical detail. I like looking up terms in Wikipedia like fucus or zoophyte. I love the illustration in the zoophyte article of a Vegetable Lamb of Tartary, a plant which supposedly grew sheep as fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment