Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Bugs and Birds

The return of spring means the return of a lot of bugs and birds. This big fellow was on my balcony screen door (those are my white shirts hanging to dry behind him). He was on the inside of the screen door somehow--probably flew in while I was hanging laundry. My technique for transporting many bugs and spiders is to gently slide an index card under them.

He fortunately accepted this without any fuss.

The birds have actually been more troublesome lately. They start singing every day at exactly 5am. Yesterday had some additional noise thanks to two pigeons who are considering moving into my bathroom.

I awoke to some strange, deep cooing, which I think is pigeon for, "Hey, come take a look at this place." Another pigeon flew in to join the one already inspecting my bathroom. I was afraid of taking many pictures because it meant I had to open the door between my bathroom and the rest of my apartment and I was afraid one or both of them would panic and fly at me and then start wreaking havoc. I thought I'd finally scared them both off yesterday but just this morning I saw one timidly hanging about on the window sill.

No comments:

Post a Comment