Friday, June 20, 2003

I bought a Talking Heads album yesterday. It's pretty good.

I got it at a Wherehouse which, I'd learned from Trisa's journal, was closing down, so everything was on sale. Had a weird moment where I got the distinct impression that the girl behind the counter was furious I was there, and hated my guts. Odd, considering she was a total stranger. It wasn't like she was mean to everyone, either--she was quite courteous to the people in line ahead of me. Must've been my aura. Or maybe she hates The Talking Heads.

Oh. The big news . . . I spent ridiculous amounts of time writing yesterday, working on Part 8. I was so happy about it . . . I think I'll do more to-day.

I also finished reading The Magician's Nephew. I know C.S. Lewis was Christian, and that his work featured a lot of Christian references, but you know, that doesn't bother me. In fact, I think Aslan exemplifies a better deity than Jehovah.

It's strange to read a Narnia book all these years after first reading them as a child. I realised that the sensibilities of the narration had a profound influence on my moral and ethical sensibilities as an adult. Which I felt good about . . .

But I'm still not a Christian, so this just goes to show, I think, that art is rather deeper than religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment