Thursday, June 19, 2003

Last night's Farscape took me by surprise by being an homage of Guy Richie's Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. It was fun, even if it made me blush at times. It was certainly more fun than the Rashomon episode.

While eating dinner later in the evening, I listened to Ridley Scott's commentary for Alien. The guy really seems to enjoy doing these commentaries, but, although his genius is evident, he's strangely inarticulate.

He got me thinking about how very dated Alien does not look, which is really quite extraordinary for a science fiction film. I also thought about the fact that, for the most part, Alien is one of those rare movies that take place in an entirely different world, and nearly all of the special effects are utterly convincing. There's nothing that looks fake in it. You couldn't say that about any of the Star Wars movies--including the new ones.

I wanna go back to sleep but I can't because it's Thursday. I have to go.

This made me laugh heartily.

No comments:

Post a Comment