Meme taken from Poppy Z. Brite's journal;
Five Things You May Not Know About My Time in School Are:
1) My teachers usually liked me.
2) My sixth grade teacher found an excuse to dress one of the more mature looking female students in a slinky gold gown. He also had a kissing booth in the back of the room one day, where he had two female students practise kissing one male student.
3) In fifth grade, I was once sent to the back of the room for coughing. The teacher was angry at me for not covering my mouth with a fully open palm.
4) In first grade, I had a crush on Sarah Visces (unsure of the spelling) because she had short hair.
5) I once saved a paper lunch bag for weeks because it had a picture of Tweety Bird on it. And I didn't even especially like Tweety bird.
Five Things You May Not Know About the Job(s) I Have (or Had) Are:
1) I got paid more than ten dollars an hour for my first job, which was also an extremely easy job.
2) For the job I held the longest, four or five years, my boss was the father of Roman Dirge. It was a job straightening merchandise in the aisles of a value store now called Big!Lots.
3) I used to be an ice cream scooper at Rite Aid, and was frequently told by customers that I was the only Rite Aid ice cream scooper that wasn't rude. I even got called into the office once to be commended by the manager for this.
4) I've applied for work at Victoria's Secret several times. I'm a pervert.
5) I've applied for work at The Disney Store several times. I'm a pervert.
Five Things You May Not Know About My Online Life Are:
1) I used to be on aol.
2) Up until a couple weeks ago, I never had any means to pay for things online.
3) I have a couple web sites up that I can't take down or modify any longer because I don't remember my passwords for the various web services.
4) My friend is a hentai guru.
5) I once had David Bowie comment on something I said on the BowieNet message board. It was a long time ago, and I have a suspicion he doesn't pay attention to his boards any more.
Five Things You May Not Know About Where I Live Are:
1) Tom Waits grew up near here.
2) It's getting almost as expensive to live here as in L.A.
3) Never try to drive to the San Diego Comic-Con. Always take the trolley.
4) We have a Mormon Palace--at least, that's what I call it. They probably call it a church or something. But the place is twice as large, and twice as decadent, as Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland.
5) Horton Plaza has two Starbucks.
Five Things You May Not Know About My Core Personality Are:
1) I'm easily amused.
2) I'm not at all arrogant.
3) I firmly believe that most of the idiocy I see--in a distressingly large amount of the people I see in the world--is not innate.
4) I live by the "art for art's sake" idea, even when I vaguely suspect it's not very wise.
5) I don't understand the appeal of most social gatherings.
Five Things You May Not Know About My Home Life Are:
1) I live at my grandmother's.
2) I often see opossums in the back yard.
3) I often shave before going to bed.
4) I use a desk my grandfather built that was later, unwisely, chopped in half by my grandmother.
5) I don't know any of my neighbours and I try to ignore them.
Five Things You May Not Know I Would Really Like to Have Are:
1) A space station.
2) My own movie theatre.
3) Shape-shifting abilities.
4) A better laundry detergent.
Five Embarrassing Fannish Admissions I Have That You May Not Know Are:
Not that I am embarrassed by doing anything fannish, but . . .
1) I make fan-fic manga for Nebari.Net
2) I know everything about how the Enterprise-D works.
3) I have more than a hundred Star Trek tapes.
4) I have Deanna Troy's autograph.
5) I used to want to be Donald Duck. In elementary school, I even used to angrily sing an alternate version of the Mickey Mouse Club theme--"D-O-N-A-L-D! D-U-C-K!!"
Five Things You May Not Know About What I Do On A Typical Day Are:
1) I read a lot of blog entries and posts in the morning, hours before I reply to anything.
2) I walk aimlessly around the mall, thinking.
3) I don't usually get to bed before 5am.
4) I bring the newspaper up.
5) Hmm . . . er . . . I don't watch much television.
Five Things You May Not Know That are Really Important to My Character Are:
1) I'm a slow reader.
2) I have, what many people seem to consider to be, an irresponsible absence of concern for what strangers think of me.
3) I think too many people enjoy being told what to do.
4) I hate salad dressing.
5) I don't lie to people because it really pisses me off when I sense people are lying to me.