Sunday, July 02, 2006

Boy, I'm sure not looking forward to to-morrow. I have jury duty, the reporting time for which is 7:45am. I went to bed at 8am this morning, and woke up at 3:30pm. I don't know how this is gonna go. I suppose I'll try to sleep at 11pm to-night, but I don't for a moment think I'm going to be able to pull it off. Likely I'll just be sitting in the jury lounge, staring blankly at a page in my book, probably missing the call for me completely.

I find myself wondering if a brief incarceration would really be worse. At least I can sleep in a cell.

On the other hand, this would be a good time to flip my sleeping schedule for the upcoming Comic-Con. I'm sure looking forward to that thing. I just hope I'm not assigned to the trial of the century to-morrow, thereby being forced to sit in a courtroom just blocks from the convention centre.

The cruelty of the circumstance would be cemented by the fact that my sister is actually getting paid 250 dollars a day to hand out fliers at the Comic-Con. I keep telling her she oughta dress as Black Canary.

Well, I guess I'll go to Tim's now and play Oblivion for a while. My character in that game recently became a vampire, a condition improved from the previous game. Now when you drink someone's blood, your character actually leans over and puts mouth to neck. And sunlight reddens your skin whilst smoke emanates from you.

Unfortunately, sunlight doesn't seem to affect NPC vampires the same way, as the one who made my character a vampire chased me out of his tomb, across mountains and fields, all the way to the town of Chorral, in broad daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment