Saturday, August 19, 2006

It seems the people at a nearby Starbucks don't know what a cappuccino is. I heard them puzzling over it behind the counter; "Do you know what a cappuccino is?" the manager asked one of her subordinates. When the guy finally served my drink, he announced it as a "triple grande . . . grande . . . [mumble mumble]."

I can't really blame them, though. Customers in the know will order a latte over a cappuccino since the drinks are very similar, only a cappuccino means a layer of foam you can't drink through the lid. I have no idea why I was in the mood for one to-day. What I ended up getting tastes like a triple grande latte. The notation on the cup, for those who follow such things, looks like a botched ¢.

I went to a different Michael's than usual yesterday and got another pad of tracing paper--it was a gamble, but it paid off; it's the old kind, and my pen strokes are back to normal, at least for now. I'm worried the fucked up waxy version is the new standard, and once the old stock at that Michael's is depleted, I'll never see the like again.

No comments:

Post a Comment