Friday, May 06, 2022

Return to Osaka Castle

I paid my second visit to Osaka Castle on Wednesday with some friends. I first visited it in 2020, when I'd been in Japan only a couple weeks, and at that time I was unable to go inside due to Corona virus restrictions.

Wednesday was a holiday, Greenery Day, a part of Golden Week, a week where three holidays happen to occur three days in a row. So there were some special performances and festivals in the area.

This woman had a balancing act in which she first balanced a tray of teacups and tassels on her chin and then on a thread.

I went to the top floor of the castle where there's a great view of the park and Osaka.

I bought some ice cream from a nearby shop and decided to live dangerously and get their most expensive flavour, "Gold Leaf Macha".

It was 1000 yen, or about 10 dollars, and as far as I can tell from googling various web sites, it has real gold. It didn't taste like anything but I guess I have the bragging rights. I suppose this proves I'm not a Cyberman.

Twitter Sonnet #1578

The late discussion vanished 'round the curb.
Ignition sequence brought the light to you.
Utilities comprise the breath superb.
And ev'ry shirt reminds the world of blue.
A modern shirt was but the thought of shoes.
And here we stack the pearls to make a snake.
As dancers paint the floor in pinks and blues.
The jealous chef would swiftly stake the cake.
Beyond the twelve we find a week to go.
For what was draining weak for strength we hit.
The pavement boils something grey and slow.
A flattened tyre trapped the killer pit.
The newest brick could never ape the old.
A golden fish was stored in Teach's hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment