Tuesday, July 05, 2022

The Last of Bunny

I have to say, compared to other shows I watch these days, I really appreciate how infrequently Only Murders in the Building uses close-ups. Despite the fact that it's a cushy project for big name stars, it actually expects them to perform together in frame. I love it.

Last night's new episode, "The Last Day of Bunny Folger", gives a dramatic rendering of our detectives' reconstruction of the murder victim's last day. It expands the character from the two dimensional joke in the first season to someone with a slightly sad life story.

I don't know if that was really necessary but it was nice.

Cara Delevingne's character is more and more looking like the killer, especially since hers was the only acting credit left to the end credits, likely indicating that the silhouette we see attacking Bunny at the end was in fact her. We never see her face in the episode. And, of course, she makes the most sense at this point since she's an art dealer and Bunny's painting was stolen. It really seems too obvious so I'm hoping it won't be her. Poor Mabel if it is her.

I neglected to say happy Fourth of July yesterday to my American readers. I celebrated on Sunday by watching 1776 again, a musical from 1972 about the founding fathers. In addition to being an American myself, I really am fascinated by the country founded on principles instead of conquest or childish dreams. The more I learn about history, the more remarkable it is.

Sonya recommended 1776 to me fifteen years ago. Why's it so hard to find girls who like movies?

Only Murders in the Building is available on Hulu in the U.S. and Disney+ elsewhere. 1776 is on Screenpix.

Twitter Sonnet #1598

The basket ride affords the child's view.
His glasses never hid the absent stress.
And now the man amends his path on cue.
A rubber joke became a plastic guess.
Prestigious sand evades the hand of God.
The lonely rock ordains the shade ahead.
The cactus breaks for broken baby's pod.
Attractive brains were sucked beneath the head.
The ghastly fountains framed a dusty road.
From here the road is hid behind the trees.
The sound of trains awoke the deadly toad.
A student sought the lost and absent keys.
The proper frame contained entire forms.
Without a breath the summer steeply warms.

No comments:

Post a Comment