Tuesday, December 05, 2023

The New Familiar Face

Last night I watched "Power Hungry", the fifth episode of Fringe which guest starred Ebon Moss-Bachrach as a man who unintentionally causes machines around him to become deadly. I know Moss-Bachrach from the first season of The Punisher, in which he was really good. So it was nice seeing him. The episode itself wasn't bad except it falls prey to the "everyone finds out everything" plot contrivance I dislike so much. Moss-Bachrach has pictures of a girl he likes on his phone and twice an unlikely bit of clumsiness leads to people seeing the pictures, first his boss, then the woman herself.

Otherwise, the episode was good. Walter has a funny bit where he demonstrates static electricity by shuffling around very solemnly in wool socks.

It's starting to get properly cold around here. I was lucky it didn't rain yesterday because I didn't bring an umbrella to school. When I saw about half the students had brought umbrellas I was filled with dread at the prospect of walking home in a freezing downpour. AccuWeather has let me down too many times. Though I guess it didn't yesterday since it didn't actually rain. I sure hope it snows.

X Sonnet #1796

The length of arms bespoke a vicious void.
Reflections change the sound of ancient words.
Salvation burned the cords of ev'ry droid.
Return to air that harbours breathing birds.
The heater teams rebuild the rink for games.
Amassing questions froze beyond the board.
Allowing lets the action rock the dames.
Computers gather more than rubber cord.
Improving trees involves some added light.
We picked the shiny orbs to thwart the mice.
Remember stone when changing suns of height.
To burn them once is not to burn them twice.
The sum of whales could crack the glacial core.
MacGowan's Christmas came the future's score.

No comments:

Post a Comment