Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Were-Porcupine

I managed to get Fringe working again after it hadn't been playing on Amazon Prime for me for some reason. Last night I watched the first season episode "The Transformation", one of the best episodes so far. A man transforms into what I might best describe as a were-porcupine on an airplane.

I like how the episode doesn't become about the main cast fighting this monster, or others like it, but just about them investigating what it is and how it came into existence. Walter has an interesting monologue about nipples.

I am noticing a slightly repetitive pattern on the show of Olivia in one tense situation while on the phone with Walter and/or Peter who are in another, slightly related tense situation and separate kinds of shit hits the fan in both places at the same time. It's kind of losing its punch, but otherwise I'm still enjoying the show.

The episode was written by Zack Whedon, brother of Joss, and J.R. Orci. It's available on Max, which I've decided to keep my subscription to for the time being because when I was in the middle of unsubscribing I was offered the chance to continue at 7.99 a month for a few months. This has happened to me a few times with different streaming services, you might want to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment