Have you ever wanted to buy something from me but you just didn't know how, or what? Well, how about I sell you a car? I have a 1964½ Ford Mustang on auction (click here to see it and bid). It belonged to my grandfather, who bought it in the '70s. When my father passed away this year, the Mustang had been in his garage in Tennessee for 10 years. I got it repaired and in working order and it can be yours. I honestly wish I could keep it, especially given how long it's been in the family. And it's just a beautiful car apart from that. Why do cars have to be so ugly now? We all kind of recognise this. That's why people are usually driving vintage cars in movies nowadays. I was just watching Honey Don't again, which is currently on Netflix, and realised there's no logical reason for her to be driving a beautiful, pristine vintage car. But no-one's complaining about that. Is there anyone who ever said, "These movie detectives and crooks are always driving beautiful vintage cars, it's just too unrealistic!"
But maybe you don't want to buy a car from me, maybe you want to buy comics. You can do that, too, for a much lower price. Currently you can buy The Adventures of Boschen and Nesuko and/or Venia's Travels on Amazon. Read them on your kindle app, settle in a cushy chair with your tablet, and indulge in hundreds of pages of full colour comics scrawled by some nutcase. It'll be a memory you'll treasure always.
Sonnet 2008
A sack of grass was left beside the hall
The garden team dispatched delaying chaff
Like fighting dogs, the planes relayed a call
A missile lock destroyed the golden calf
In pepper time, the salt expired fast
A growing beard reveals a shorter man
A club of cats devotes themselves to Bast
A pail of pens reserved themselves for Pan
No language found the toothless man at large
Reduction built inversion underground
At night, we hear the ghost of driven Marge
Some years ago, the tape was not rewound
A pastry brain constructs a head of food
Those kinds of carbs will sure affect your mood
No comments:
Post a Comment