Sunday, March 30, 2003

I finished reading The Brothers Karamazov a few nights ago. The book I began reading on the trolley on the way to the Comicon last August . . . and I've only just now finished it.

It was a really great book. Enthusiastically written with very complex, thought provoking characters. Very real characters, at the same time that each one of the brothers personified a specific quest on Dostoevsky's mind.

I read that book for so long that it's gonna feel strange not to see Alyosha or Dmitry or Grushenka again . . . I think Grushenka was my favourite character. She was the kind of girl I'd probably really go for. Or maybe Dmitry was my favourite character, I'm not sure. I think I identified more with Ivan than anyone else.

Ugh, I'm so tired right now. I've been feeling weirdly extra tired lately.

But I did manage to get myself to do a page of Doll Merchant.

And I've been working on my novel a lot too . . . I think I'm going to enjoy writing part 8 in many of the same ways I enjoyed writing parts 2, 3, and 4. Well, I dinna really enjoy writing part 4. Part 4 made me feel like I was losing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment