Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Watched Singin' in the Rain last night. It'd been a long time since I'd seen it and I found it far more enjoyable now--even though I'd loved it the first time. I remember that my favourite scene used to be the "Moses Supposes His Toeses are Roses" scene. Now I think I most like Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse's love dance with the big, billowing sheet. Debbie Reynolds had a good voice and I can see why Hunter S. Thompson would kneel before her alter. It's weird to think I saw her on The Daily Show recently.

Of course the "Singin' in the Rain" scene was really good, and somehow seemed more infectiously cheery after A Clockwork Orange, at least to me.

Speaking of which, I learned a few nights ago that my dad, a firefighter, actually stayed at Malcom McDowell's house for a few days. There was some kind of a tar pit in the actor's yard that was threatening to ignite or something so there had to be firemen standing by. My dad said McDowell made very strong coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment