Thursday, May 29, 2008

I spent all night working on my comic, stopping only to eat, use the bathroom, and watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report--which I made sure coincided with lunch. So I decided to go on an adventure after I woke up this afternoon. I went to the Living Room and had a really nice cheese (provolone) and veggie sandwich on sourdough and I saw a water fountain mounted on the wall in the shape of a downwards pointed curled fish, the water apparently pouring from its mouth into a half shell. A sign next to the fountain read, "Do NOT pull on the fish's tail."

And that was to-day's adventure. I also went to BevMo and bought some sake and rum.

Reading about Bill Murray's wife filing for divorce, the first thing that came to mind was a story Harold Ramis told in the Groundhog's Day DVD commentary about the scene where Murray's talking to Andie MacDowell while she's sleeping, telling her how he loves her and how beautiful and wonderful she is (I don't remember the lines exactly). Ramis (who said he hoped he wasn't giving away anything too personal) said that the bit was suggested by Murray, who'd apparently actually done something similar, lying in bed with his wife just after they were married. Since the movie was made in 1993, I guess that would be his first wife, to whom he was married from 1981 to 1994. So a year before they got divorced, he was thinking fondly of this woman.

Maybe that's why the allegation of physical abuse seems unlikely to me in this new divorce. That, and the fact that Murray doesn't seem like he'd bother hitting someone even if it was justified. Now, the "abandonment", that "he would often leave without telling his wife," I can believe. And also the "alleged marijuana" and "alcohol use." It's not like I know Murray, but he's one of those stars, I think, who exerts a gravitational pull of sympathy automatically, which makes this all pretty sad.

Anyway, back to the drawing board. And yes, I have a drawing board.

ADDENDUM: Also, Murray's attorneys would also probably be wise to show this video;

No comments:

Post a Comment