Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Read the new Sirenia Digest this afternoon, even the Sonya Taaffe story. I really didn't think I'd be able to, but as with most things I dread, I find it's better to confront them directly. And indeed, it wasn't so bad. I guess I"ll never know if that girl hates my guts or considers me an insect, but she is pretty cute.

Caitlin's story, "RAPPACCINI'S DRAGON", was one of my favourite Sirenia Digest stories yet. I love how it seems to have so many plates spinning at once, but meshes them so well; it was like Eyes Wide Shut meets Pan's Labyrinth meets The Big Sleep, with the Sternwood family recast as the protagonists and fused into one character.

Anyway, I'd better get at the comic making. I'm doing page five to-day, so I'm past the halfway point. I'm exactly one page behind on colouring, so I think I'll forgo Second Life to-night. I was so deflated from a lack of sleep yesterday that I logged on early and had a nice time helping Dragoness position bondage equipment in her castle. I also played a game of chess against Larry, one of the best chess players around, matched only by his alts. I was about to beat him--he had just a king and I had a rook and a queen--but I accidentally hit a stalemate. I do that so often, too. That's why I always need so many queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment