Friday, March 19, 2010

Pumpkin Grape



Twitter Sonnet #123

Feet are too short to kick a funky skull.
Purple soul heats a fine lady ninja.
Tiny skateboarders orbit a snack bowl.
Hope Keanu Reeves is back on ganja.
Blue leaves are wrong for an old colonel's scalp.
Wellington's white roots touched subordinates.
Moon men are too fast and clumsy to help.
Count ten miles as same coordinates.
Wine watches tomatoes across traffic.
A green sky explodes with shredded cabbage.
Dildos shooting whiskey are specific.
Southwest presents its first class sex package.
Phantom Sith lords thwart all fruit inspectors.
But grapes here set off metal detectors.


I'm not normally a wine person, but lately I've been craving Cabernet Sauvignon, and I had some last night. Mostly, wine doesn't work for me, but when it does, it really does. The whole night gets transformed. I usually think back to a night where I drank wine and watched Sleeping Beauty. Maybe it's the "Skumps" song, but something about the whole visual style of the film compliments wine. I don't think I'll ever understand the appeal of white wine, though.

I see AICN is reporting that Marvel's offered the role of Captain America to Chris Evans, who played The Human Torch in the lousy Fantastic Four movies. I've never read Captain America, but I have to say I'm a little confused by AICN writer Beaks' enthusiasm over the news. Apparently Evans is appearing in an upcoming Edgar Wright movie, so maybe there's something more to him than I discerned from the Rifftrax accompanied viewing of Rise of the Silver Surfer. The guy just seems like a common asshole. Not even an interesting asshole, just kind of a standard young asshole. Maybe this Beaks guy is being sarcastic, though I see Devin Faraci at CHUD is excited about him, too.

Speaking of Rifftrax, I was excited to see to-day the release of the Rifftrax of New Moon. I hope I have time to watch it within the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment