Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Seasons

Spider webs shroud the ripe persimmons near the junior high school, a sure sign of autumn here in Kashihara, Japan. Persimmons are associated with the season and persimmon trees can be found at the foot of the hill near the big junior high school where I worked up until to-day. To-morrow I go to a different, smaller school in another part of town but I will be going back to the big one in January. Until then, I'll be missing many of the students, particularly the art club students who all gathered together this afternoon to present me with artwork and say "Thank you!" in synchronous.

I would share the artwork but I'm not comfortable giving anything like personal details of students online. One girl expertly inked a drawing of Nezuko from Kimetsu no Yaiba dressed as a pirate. She knew I liked pirates and she knew Nezuko is my favourite character on the show. I couldn't tell her all the ways it was an appropriate gift for me.

Most of the artwork the students gave me was of characters from Kimetsu no Yaiba or Jujutsu Kaisen, though I have yet to finish seeing all the episodes of the latter. But it's what the students love so I'm very happy to receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment