Thursday, October 14, 2021

The List of Suspects Contracts and Expands

I caught up on the newest two episodes of Only Murders in the Building last night and they were two of the best episodes of the series. "Fan Fiction" was one of the funniest, featuring a group of "superfans" of the characters' true crime podcast.

Spoilers for episodes 8 and 9 after the screenshot

Episode eight also had a running gag about how Charles' new girlfriend, Jan, is the group's proverbial Yoko, acting like she's suddenly part of the group in order to make suggestions no-one likes. Jan is the bassoonist who, if you remember, was my pick for the killer. Episode eight ended with her apparently being stabbed to death, which made me think I was right and that the stabbing was a fake out. Episode nine begins by revealing the stabbing was indeed not fatal and ends by providing evidence that makes her look guilty. Which makes me think she isn't. I guess we'll find out next week.

Episode nine isn't quite as good as eight but it's still really good. Martin Short continues to display admirable energy levels. And I was amused by the idea of Jane Lynch playing Steve Martin's stunt double.

No comments:

Post a Comment