Sunday, July 09, 2023

My Ex-Girlfriend's Body

I got one of these doohickeys yesterday, it lets you hook an internal hard drive to a computer externally, so I was able to access one of the hard drives I brought with me from the US over three years ago. It was nice and easy, I just had to plug it in and hook in the USB cord.

I was only able to access one of the two hard drives I brought I think because the one I was accessing was already a slave in my previous setup and my computer doesn't know what to do with another drive that thinks it's a C drive. I hope I can find some way to access the data on the old master drive though I'd gotten everything essential off of it when I disassembled my computer in September 2019. Wow, it's been almost four years.

The hard drive I was able to get at used to be a master hard drive in my old setup going back, God, it must be fifteen years. I found all kinds of old shit stockpiled on it. It has a big bundle of the classic Hammer horror movies that none of the streaming services carry and are ridiculously expensive if you want to buy them. Some greedy bastard sure is clutching tight to those Hammer movies. Most of them certainly aren't available in Japan and may have never been translated to Japanese for all I know.

I also got a lot of old artwork and essays I wrote for college. Not sure how useful those'll be but, you know, it's nostalgic. The hard drive started to get really hot when it was plugged in so I bet I oughta use the thing sparingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment