Tuesday, February 20, 2024

How to Fill a Coffin

My internet was lousy again last night so I fell asleep watching Django (1966), which happened to be on my hard drive. I forgot how jubilant Franco Nero looks when he lets loose with the gatling gun.

Presumably I had pleasant dreams after that though I can't remember any of them. It's been getting unseasonably warm here. There've already been some ume blossoms and it's been predicted that Tokyo will see cherry blossoms as early as the beginning of March. It's too bad I can't wear my Inverness coat in warm weather the way Django can. Though I don't know how warm it really was in that miserable little town. Evidently there'd been plenty of rain. I'd forgotten how much mud is in that movie. There's mud all over Django's boots and coffin, the prostitutes have an impromptu mud wrestling match, and, as you can see in the clip, one of the main antagonists gets his face down in it. It sets a hell of a tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment