Sunday, October 13, 2024

It's the Curried Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

This is what I invented for lunch this weekend: Curry Pumpkin Soba. I boiled buckwheat soba noodles with chopped pumpkin (green Japanese pumpkin, of course) and made a sauce with cocoanut milk, turmeric, salt, pepper, curry powder, red pepper, and parsley. It's pretty good and clears my sinuses.

It's pretty much a result of what I figured out I could do with what I had lying around. I ate it every day this three day weekend. To-day, Monday, is a national holiday in Japan, Sports Day, because sports are that important here. It really is like a religion. That doesn't spot me and many others observing the holiday by staying in and playing video games.

X Sonnet #1889

My internet was slow and full of hooves.
The gelatin arrived because of doom.
The tiny footed thieves bereave the woods.
Conduct yourself with space within the room.
Describe a floating nose without an eye.
Describe an ear without a waxy wand.
Demand insured the smiling ghost was spry.
Of candy, phones become excessive fond.
Defend your life from cocoanuts and beer.
Along the wall, supply your ready men.
Corrections built the prisons free and clear.
The demons built a chart describing sin.
A lovely lass arose from Satan's brow
Inspired man to push a rusty plough.

No comments:

Post a Comment