Friday, July 24, 2026

Comic Con Report, volume 2

I was surprised to see this Ralph Bakshi style Frodo Baggins at the Lord of the Rings fan club booth in the exhibit hall yesterday. The Prancing Pony mock up was pretty impressive.

By the way, I'm posting a lot of photos on my Instagram. I'll be making some more detailed blog entries after the Con's concluded.

Yesterday I saw the panel for the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art. It was hosted by Keke Palmer and, along with the museum curator, Matthew Senreich, Seth Green, and Jim Lee were there to talk about the museum's extraordinary collection of both fine and pop art, the museum honouring both equally. Though I guess I ought to have seen the panel last year, when George Lucas and Guillermo Del Toro were in attendance. Here's a trailer for the museum's film programme I saw yesterday:

I mostly roamed the exhibit hall yesterday. Here are some Avengers costumes:

They fit the usual Disney Marvel mandate of sexy men with dowdy women.

No comments:

Post a Comment