Thursday, February 15, 2007

I can't believe it's already 4:30 am. The night's much too short. What's my day--er, night like, you may ask?

Well, Wednesday I woke at 3:30pm or so. I took a shower and then ate breakfast ("Old Fashioned" Quaker oat meal) and started drinking the first pot of coffee of the day while watching Hardball. I finished eating halfway through Olbermann, and went to my room to start drawing.

Yes, days ago I completed a script for the new project and did layouts, and now I've begun actual production. To-day I pencilled two pages and inked one, finishing about fifteen minutes after The Colbert Report, at around 12:15am. I then ate lunch (some excellent spinach quiche my aunt had made), then went to the grocery store to pick up some olive oil and water for my grandmother. I remembered there's now a Wal-Mart open 24 hours at Grossmont Centre, and at 1:30am went there and browsed the movie section, surprised at the lack of good Disney movies, which, after a conversation with Sonya, was what I was in the mood for. Instead, I bought a copy of The Castle of Cagliostro and came back here to watch part of Kagemusha, which I've been nursing for a few nights. I've watched the movie twice since getting the DVD, and now I'm taking it slow, drinking in all the lingering, beautiful shots. It's a movie with far less tension than Ran, and easy to appreciate as a series of paintings.

I stopped watching at around 3:30am and ate dinner (more quiche) before rewatching an episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (episode 11/13)--I'm watching the series in chronological order this time, which is an interesting experience. It's sort of like having two television shows in one. Things fit together differently, and lots of things make more sense, but I'm noticing a few mysteries, such as the unexplained talking cat in episode 01/11.

I've watched quite a few things lately that I haven't gotten around to discussing here. Here's a list--I may talk about some or all of them eventually;

Dirty Pair
Dirty Pair Flash
Excel Saga (rewatching)
Goldfinger (rewatched for the first time in years--mostly disappointing)
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor (an old favourite I'm rewatching)
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Last Exile
School Rumble ni gekki
Shaun of the Dead
Tenchi Muyo: Galaxy Police
Veronica Mars; Season One (I believe this is the best show on television right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment