Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wednesday was about printing my twenty three page comic thing. Sixty dollars for ink cartridges. Really? I had this idea of renting storage space the other day. That's a no go, because it's something like 85 dollars a month for a 5 x 5 space. But of course I had to give my phone number to a web site to get quotes--why does it have to be a secret?--and even though I specified that I preferred to be contacted by e-mail, some joker saw fit to call me at 10am.

Me; "I said I preferred to be contacted by e-mail."

Guy; "We already sent an e-mail."

Me; "Yeah. Was I supposed to reply to that?"

Guy; "Er, well, call us if you're interested."

Me; "I'm not going to call you."

So I think I'll send this comic off to publishers, and also bring copies of it with me to Comic-Con, as well as select pages from Boschen and Nesuko and, if Sonya and Caitlin don't mind, some pages from Moving Innocent and the Nar'eth comics. Maybe now would be a good time to do the sketches for The Lay of Sindeseldaonna I promised the latter lady.

And why've I been silent the past couple days? Wasn't I just last week ruing my lack of internet access? Well, I spend a lot more time reading than contributing to this ball of fortune twine. But also I've been exchanging e-mails with Sonya, and if I have her attention, why should I care about anyone else?

I've been going to sleep and waking up about two hours earlier, a side effect from Stupid Week. It's weird--I feel like a bumper car in the koi pond. I'm getting around, I feel like I'm accomplishing something, but I also vaguely feel like I'm not at optimum performance and I'm also sort of intruding on the routines of others. Well, that's how I'd feel driving a bumper car in a koi pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment