Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Sometimes You Just Get lucky

Guess what! Showtime is streaming on Amazon Prime for 99 cents a month in September and October. Even I can afford that. They have Vertigo, Twin Peaks (the original and The Return), Mulholland Drive, Rear Window, The Birds, and many other things. And, since it's through Amazon Prime, it's more reliable than HBOMax.

I found out about it looking for Vertigo. I wanted to get a better quality clip of the sequoia forest scene than was on YouTube. This was for a powerpoint I made about the redwoods for school. The sequoias are currently being threatened by wildfire so it seemed like a topical and interesting subject to use to teach a grammar point. Trees have been on my mind lately.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Twin Peaks included in the package. This was on Sunday so it all felt very cosmic when I watched David Lynch's weather report for that day and he chose as his word for the day . . . "Tree".

A day earlier, I'd received a package of my clothes from my mother and she'd unexpectedly included a cool Twin Peaks key chain and a David Lynch Christmas ornament. I can see which way the stars are aligning.

No comments:

Post a Comment