Sunday, November 28, 2004

Could these be the ugliest toys ever made? They remind me of the scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit when Eddie goes into the Toontown apartment and sees a woman who doesn't look as much like Jessica as he had at first thought. What is with this trend involving lips that look like asses?

Got up at 7am to-day. A little later--perhaps slowly I shall return to my old familiar schedule. More likely I'll be violently dumped into it.

Caught an episode of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends to-day. A truly great show, and I need to actually make a point in catching it, rather than just stumbling on it now and then. I think I've figured the secret to its charmingly smooth animation is a cunning mix of cgi and traditional animation, but I don't actually know. I do know that to-day's episode, about a girl creature named Berry becoming obsessed with Bloo (a boy creature) and putting tension in Bloo's relationship with his best friend, was great and hilarious. And I was a little bemused--the story obviously about an issue one would figure has to do with children was actually one I've seen often enough in people supposedly too old for it. Hurrah for the inner child, eh?

I feel like doing a bunch of stuff to-day . . . I've already done a bunch of stuff but I feel like doing a bunch more stuff.

I saw Steven Spielberg's first feature film a few days ago--a movie called The Sugarland Express. It starred Goldie Hawn as a mother who's not the brightest ticket in the raffle. Based on a true story, the film involves Hawn busting her husband out of prison so that he can help her forcefully reclaim their kid from a foster home. In the process they hijack a police car and take hostage the patrolman inside, forcing scores of police cars to peacefully follow them all the way to Sugarland.

I wasn't terribly interested in the story most of the time, but it was interesting to see how amazingly proficient Spielberg was. Astoundingly slick for a new filmmaker. He seemed already to posses his keen instinct for just the right angles and pans to tell his story. It's no wonder great films resulted when he actually had good stories to tell.

Who names their kid Goldie? I suppose she probably wasn't born with it but someone had to come up with it at some point. Someone said, "Gee, she so pertty and precious, I'm jus' gonna call her Goldie!" Actually, when I think of the name "Goldie" I think of Abel's Gargoyle from Sandman.

Off to stuff . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment