Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Sunday, for no reason at all, I did two pages of Boschen and Nesuko. I don't usually do that unless I'm behind, but I was feeling oddly fired up or something.

Saturday, I'd been thinking maybe I'd fallen out of love with rock music. I was driving along, listening to Charlie Parker, and I started thinking about the keen little depth charges rock used to drop in my mental waters that of late only jazz and Tchaikovsky seem able to do. But Sunday's good Boschen and Nesuko day also ended up being a good rock day. Which was maybe what egged me on to keep drawing, anyway.

I started off with The Dresden Dolls, then Elvis Costello's Blood and Chocolate, Rasputina's Frustration Plantation, David Bowie's Hunky Dory, and finished the rock album section with Morrissey's Vauxhall and I before switching to movie soundtracks (Bernard Herrmann's Vertigo soundtrack and John Williams' Revenge of the Sith). You know, you'd think two pages would require more albums. But maybe the shortness of the list has to do with both pages using the same colour palette. Although I did most of the colouring without music . . . hmm . . .

Aren't I exciting?

Scientology's been a hot topic for derision lately and, sure, it deserves it. I considered myself somewhat ignorant about the particulars of the cult, so I read around a bit on it last week.

I heartily recommend reading William S. Burroughs' thoughts on the subject. If you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment