Saturday, July 23, 2005

So, yes, hot, cloudless days. And then, last night, a thunderstorm. Why not?

It sounded really close, too. I was sitting near the television watching The Strawberry Blonde, when it suddenly seemed massive flash bulbs were going off outside the annoying "wall of windows" this house has. At times, the thunder was loud enough that I wasn't able to hear the movie.

Then the power went out for about a second. No big deal, until I found later that the computer had developed some kind of problem where it acted like it was constantly loading something while never actually being able to load anything. It didn't recognise the page of Boschen and Nesuko I'd finished last night as existing, any more than it recognised anything else on the hard drive. Fortunately, after I restarted the computer a couple of times, it went back to normal. I really don't know what I would have done if it hadn't, as it suddenly was made plain to me all the different ways in which I'd be inconvenienced if I lost this computer.

I suppose I oughtn't say that, for all the enemies I have reading this. Well, I still have Justice and Lady Liberty on my side, and that's a great three-way, let me tell ya.

As for the movie last night, it was decent. I used to have kind of a crush on Rita Hayworth, but this movie made it very clear that Olivia de Havilland was prettier and a better actress. Her scenes with James Cagney were the best parts of the movie, by far. Suddenly I wanna watch The Heiress again.

No comments:

Post a Comment