Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I had to get out of the house after last night's post, so I went to Tim's and played Soulcalibur 4 a while, making the weakest character I could and letting myself get beat up again and again by a boosted Darth Vader. Tim thinks I'm crazy for doing things like that, but it is always satisfying, especially when I finally win.

I don't know where things stand on the paedophile thing. My friend was trying to get through to a variety of law enforcement entities last night with seemingly little luck. I worry about that little girl I've never met living with that man across the Atlantic Ocean. But I guess shit like that's always happening somewhere, and it seems there's nothing I can do. Just having interacted with the guy makes me feel responsible somehow . . .

I did watch the season premiere of Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles a couple nights ago. I enjoyed it, despite the 8 million plot holes and the fact that the John Conner still annoys me and it's sort of hilarious how completely Brian Austin Green fails at acting. I cracked up watching him do the standard "eyes quickly roaming the ceiling before breaking the hard facts of life to the younger man". But I'm still digging Lena Headey and Summer Glau, and Shirley Manson was a decent addition to the cast. Richard T. Jones isn't bad.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sukiyaki Western Django at some point, which promises to be a better marriage of the samurai film and spaghetti western than the other thing I watched on Monday night, Red Sun. To be fair, I did only watch half of it, but it was such a disappointment, I don't know if I could finish it. I couldn't resist downloading it when I heard it starred Charles Bronson and Toshiro Mifune, a teamup with so much potential that was sadly squandered. The fault primarily lies in a weirdly jovial Bronson and a depressingly stiff Mifune, essentially driving in the polar opposite directions of both actors' strengths.

I'm staying at my parents' house a couple nights, so I need to cut this short to get ready. Venia's Travels finally got listed on OnlineComics.net, and I'll be posting bulletins of updates there as well as continuing to do so in my blog. You know, I suppose I really ought to be making use of my MySpace and Twitter accounts for that, too . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment