Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Sun in the Metal Egg

Not much time to-day because I'm going with my family to dinner for my birthday.

I really liked the season finale of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. For the scene of John checking Cameron's nuclear power core alone. Everything about that scene--from her saying she wants to kill him to the unambiguously sexual imagery--easily the sexiest moment in Terminator history (though the blushing sex scene in the first film isn't much competition). I'm only disappointed that the way the episode ended suggested it's going to be a very long time before there's any opportunity of exploring their relationship.

Which is a shame because there's a lot of potential here--more than just the Christ figure making love to the Devil. You've got ground for exploring the fundamental value of love and dealing with Terminator's psychopathic subtext.

Anyway, I'm about out of time, so I'll leave you with this;

Twitter Sonnet #7

Dr. Pepper never does expire.
Some slow cars will not turn right on red lights.
My bologna's not named Oscar Mayer.
Julie Andrews looks quite good at great heights.
This town makes me want a quesadilla.
I'm still drinking the same Dr. Pepper.
No-one solves a problem like Maria.
Croissants currently not in this sector.
A bad metro maze led to a pawn shop.
And so now I am a thirty year-old.
Wonder when would be a good time to stop.
I can't say any fire has gone cold.
This is a job for fermented honey.
And yes I am The Red Easter Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment