Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Finding Your True Deficiencies

Last night's tweets;

Phantoms like to stretch across your hard drive.
But they'll help you remember when to eat.
With strange cats the day's outdoors are alive.
It's "The Cat Inside" diverts your defeat.


Little William S. Burroughs reference there for you.

The times seem just to be outstripping my computer obnoxiously. I somehow managed to finish the work on my comic I had planned for yesterday an hour early, so I decided to play a little World of Warcraft, only to find it wouldn't load until I freed up four gigabytes for the update it wanted to install. And Yahoo seems to have smeared more useless junk across its bloated mass so that just checking my e-mail there has demanded I find Buddha.

I did manage to free up seven gigabytes with that bonus hour last night, but there'll be no WoW to-night as I've only so far pencilled two pages in a day wherein I planned to pencil two and ink two, and colour 'till the lines on the screen started writhing. I've been moving slower than expected to-day, mainly because I think I had a slight hangover from the Bacardi rum mixed with Tropacana orange juice I was drinking last night. That was unexpectedly good.

I discovered yesterday that the word "hangover" is only just over a hundred years old and I can't find an older English word to describe the ill effects of a previous night's drinking. Which I find incredibly annoying. What the fuck, English? I see Japanese has futsukayoi. I have no idea how old it is, but I bet it's older than the English word.

I haven't been talking about how incredible the new season of Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei's been, have I? Well, it's been incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment