Sunday, November 01, 2009

Thank Goodness for Modern Medicine

Last night's tweets;

Nordic disguises dwarf Roman costumes.
Somewhere there is a viral Robin Hood.
The wasting wax blight idea was Brit Hume's.
It was to know where candle elves stood.


A lot of last night and to-day has been spent doing some necessary reading for the next Venia's Travels chapter. I kind of wish I had years to really embed things in my memory, but in just about all my artistic pursuits, I can't escape the feeling that my time is limited in the grand scheme of things.

Still only having one cup of coffee a day, and I probably wouldn't have that much except I need my mind to get anything done. I was noticing last night how decidedly surly I was without the caffeine. I don't know if I actually have time to go through the withdrawal. Still trying to keep to eating non-spicy things. I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast (no change there), cucumber sandwiches for lunch, and saltless potato leek soup with toast for dinner. I'm going to try incorporating cous cous, too.

No-one I knew actually wanted to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, except a six year old girl named Carly who was visiting at my parents' house last night. When the doorbell rang, my mother shushed everyone, but Carly couldn't get her mind around it, "Why can't we give them candy?" I told her I knew how she felt.

But I managed to talk my mother and sister into watching Cat People last night. I was surprised when they didn't see Irina as the heroine of the movie, and I had to remind myself that this is probably the normal interpretation. Mostly what I get from it is smug Ollie and Dr. Judd, blundering about like everything in the world is there for their benefit, and Alice completely rolling over for them. What Irina sacrifices for them, I completely don't feel like they deserve it, and she comes off as practically a saint because of it.

So far I've written just over half the next chapter of my comic. I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest without more caffeine. I might try some green tea, as some of the sites I've been looking at say it's actually beneficial for urinary tract infections. If only there were some way to shoot caffeine into my brain without it ending up in my guts.



Happy birthday, Chris Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment