Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Busy Tanks

I dreamt last night I caught a sea serpent with a big, vicious leopard seal looking mouth while I was catching clams. I caught it in the corner of a huge bath tub the size of the Pacific Ocean and brought it to Sea World, where I dropped it into a tank without telling anyone. A balding Asian man with a moustache asked if I was Japanese.

"Isn't it obvious I'm not?" But then I remembered watching the first part of the Last Airbender Rifftrax last night, where the main, supposedly Asian character, was played by a white kid. So I could see how it might seem a reasonable question.

"No," I said. "I need to get the sea serpent out of the tank." For one thing, I noticed the water was a murky green, and it finally occurred to me there might be something else in the tank.

When I woke up, I watched the new Panty and Stocking with Garter Belt while I ate breakfast. Garter's back-story was a lot more interesting than I thought it was going to be, though I was disappointed it avoided mentioning his paedophilia.



I still wasn't finished with breakfast, so I decided to see if I could find someone to play chess with in Second Life. It turned out there was a tournament to-day, so I took part. I placed tenth out of twenty participants, which is better than I thought I'd do. I won twice, lost twice, and had one draw, which I kind of felt I ought to have lost, too, because I only had my King left and the other person ran out of time without getting a mate. Also, one of the people I won against was a pregnant fox Furry, so who knows what kind of hormones she was having to deal with.

By the way, I need to wish belated happy birthdays to Bri and St. Sisyphus. Happy birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment