Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Endurance of Verbs



This was in the bathroom stall at the mall yesterday. Some wars are fought quietly, in plain view. I was sort of thinking about learning to draw Charlie Brown and the kite eating tree to put next to Matt, maybe with Charlie Brown saying, "Not if he has anything to say about it."

Snow's been coming around again. Here's a picture I took a few minutes ago;



He seems to be in good spirits, in fact I can't discern any psychological impact from the loss of his tail. I wonder if he has phantom limb. He seems happy anyway.



Now I have a stupid amount of Japanese homework to do. I don't know how I'd do this if I had another class or a job--before to-morrow, I have to write a journal entry in Japanese, do two work sheets and memorise a song in Japanese about conjugating verbs. The one I'm memorising is to the tune of "Battle Hymn of the Republic", but I see there are a lot of different versions on YouTube, like the one on this vlog;



Let's see, the one I have to memorise goes, "Au, atte, matsu, matte, toru, totte, yomu, yonde, asobu, asoide, shinu, shinde, kake, kaite . . ." Oof, I almost got all of it. Shit, this isn't going to be easy. The rest (looking at the book now) is, "kesu. keshite, isogu, isoide." I got my work cut out for me. Don't ask me what half those words actually mean.

Here's the latest daddy-long-legs in my bathroom;

No comments:

Post a Comment