Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Saltines and Ginger Ale

I've been trying to figure out why I'm so sick to-day. Is it food poisoning from the burrito I got at Chipotle? Is it a nasty hangover from the two margaritas? Is it food poisoning from one of the limes I used to make the margaritas? All I know for sure is I didn't get a lot of sleep and the day has been made of shit.

I mirrored real with simulated drinking at the opening party of Winterfell's BoobieThon, which, for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, is raising money for the Feel Your Boobies Foundation. I'm holding a chess tournament on Sunday as part of the series of events and am happy to contribute to the cause in any way I can, but I have to admit I wondered how anyone who's had a mastectomy feels about a breast cancer group that finds currency through a playful attitude about breasts, including female bloggers posting pictures of themselves topless to raise funds. Maybe I'm being too sensitive. After all, I don't think it's fair to expect women with breasts to act like they can't appreciate their own bodies.

In a very different observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, in Second Life, I saw someone on Vitabela's blog made a bald female avatar with mastectomy scars. This idea being to show that an individual with such features has a place in the virtual world of generally idealised avatars. She is a beautiful avatar.

I suppose I'm overthinking this. Well, the crummy way I feel to-day, thinking at all feels like overthinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment