Monday, November 11, 2013

Moving Digits

I pulled into a shopping centre to-day because it had a sign for a place calling itself "Checkmate". The sign had a black and white chequered pattern. Turned out to be a place for getting payday advances and cheques cashed. I miss my chess club.

I miss movies. Twice now I've driven across town just to get DVDs out of my sister's garage. Last night I watched Yojimbo which I was in the mood for because listening to the Masaru Sato soundtrack while driving lately has somehow reminded me of my current situation. More for the goofy yakuza theme that somehow perfectly reflects the political manoeuvrings of the little town. Kurosawa never portrayed gangsters as cool--except maybe Mifune in Drunken Angel. But even then you could tell Kurosawa thought gangsters were offensive clowns.

I've been reminded how much I love driving. Back when you could fill up a tank with just ten dollars I used to drive all over town just for kicks. Nowadays it's a pleasant surprise when gasoline is under $3.60 a gallon.

To-morrow I move into my new place, I may not have time to make an entry. It'll probably be a few days before I get internet, too, but at least I'll be able to take and resize my own screenshots again and take them to school on my thumb drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment