Friday, September 05, 2014

Nesuko Does Not Invade Dreams

Happy birthday, Werner Herzog, the latest free chapter of my web comic, The Casebook of Boschen and Nesuko, is online.

The next free chapter, Chapter 12, will be up on Frances Farmer's birthday.

I had to push back the release for the next full issue, five (Chapters 14, 15, and 16), by two weeks--it'll be available on October 4. School is taking up too much of my time and it looks like I'll be moving soon, too. I've found a place around five blocks away, run by a relative of my sister's fiancé. A one bedroom for the same price as the studio I'm in now. Unlike my current place, it has windows large enough for an air conditioner, it's across the street from a bay, it's within walking distance of a grocery store and several restaurants and, best of all, it has reliable running water. It was, as they say, a no-brainer.

I heard late in the day yesterday that Joan Rivers passed away which was weird because I just heard her on The Howard Stern Show a few weeks ago talking about how "everything still works", how she was in good health. And she sounded like it, she certainly sounded like she had a lot more energy than anyone I know. I can't say I liked everything about her--I certainly didn't agree with her hardline support of Israel. But I did enjoy her agile humour and her general insistence on not taking herself or anyone else seriously. She was always a good interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment