Sunday, April 09, 2023

Is It About the Bunny?

Happy Easter, everyone. It was actually yesterday here in Japan but since practically no-one celebrates it I may as well celebrate it to-day. I wasn't yearning for Easter candy this year. My sweet tooth seems to be at an all time low. I tried having one old fashioned doughnut with my coffee two weeks ago and it felt like eating grass. Which reminds me, yesterday I ate a dandelion. That's kind of Eastery, I guess. Did you know dandelions are edible? I didn't. I'd seen dandelions in a lot of sushi bentos and assumed they were just a garnish before I saw this episode of The History Guy on YouTube:

I guess I should've known from Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine.

I can't say I really enjoyed the flavour but I seem still to have some infantile fun at eating something I'm not supposed to.

I'd like to watch a great Easter movie to-night but there really isn't one, is there? I usually default to Alice in Wonderland. For a while I thought Picnic at Hanging Rock was Eastery but it feels more like summer. Maybe I'll just watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Buffy almost sounds like bunny.

Twitter Sonnet #1686

A spinning flower grants her petals breadth.
Recumbent ovens often warm the heart.
A shapely arch can grace the stage with depth.
When freshly baked, what need has bread for art?
Behind the shop, a thousand toys are boxed.
Chaotic heaps of dolls and jacks await.
The eager cricket over piles hops.
But sloppy humans first'll take the bait.
Adventure eggs were gone beyond the shell.
Precocious fingers shaped the yolks to hares.
A ghostly hand produced a bunny Hell.
The basket bears a load of grass and cares.
The rising bunny blocks the vengeful sun.
A wealth of love and fur exalts the bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment