Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Only Cookies on the Table

Last night's Only Murders in the Building seemingly had a lot of revelations so I'll be going into some spoilers to-day.

The tone of the writing felt a little more . . . the word I want to use is "flippant". Maybe "disconnected" or "cold". Writer Elaine Ko has the trio laughing comfortably when telling Dickie they actually thought he was his brother's killer for a while. Oliver's heart attack is quickly dispensed with at the beginning of the episode and apparently has had no emotional repercussions.

I knew Paul Rudd was talking to cookies or some other fattening snack in that footage. Last night's episode treated it as a big revelation, though, which kind of surprised me. I thought it was obvious.

Selena Gomez looked good in that wedding dress, especially when she was running, but Ko's explanation for why she was wearing it, something set up earlier in the season, if I remember right, didn't make much sense. They had to get to the courthouse in 20 minutes but they all had time to change into wedding attire? That might take half an hour by itself, nevermind the cab ride. Even finding the courtroom could take ten to thirty minutes.

I feel like the apparent killer will turn out to be a red herring, especially since Oliver was actually eating Red Herring dip. I guess we'll see next week.

Only Murders in the Building is available on Hulu in the U.S. and Disney+ elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment