Sunday, March 31, 2024

This is One Carrot the Bunny Will Never Eat

I made carrot cake for Easter. I used red Japanese carrots so the colour's a little different. It also looks different because I had to use my Japanese grater. The Western style box grater seems to be totally unknown in these parts. The difference is that, while a box grater turns your carrots into thin little strips, the Japanese grater turns it into a paste. This is how the wasabi is prepared for your sushi--wasabi in its natural state is a root vegetable. So I made red carrot paste to mix into the batter. It's not bad.

The frosting is my weak attempt to combine cream cheese, almond milk, and sugar without a power mixer. Luckily, it was improved by dehydrating overnight in the refrigerator.

Here are some cherry blossoms I saw on the way to the grocery store:

Still no cherries in the store, though. I really want to try cooking with cherries.

X Sonnet #1830

The zombie cake was making up the face.
Reminders stuck as cheese to pepper feet.
Remainders sunk equations half a pace.
Surpassing heat defines the mollusc meat.
Intrusive clogs were shoes for runny mud.
No talking showed the cops their honest names,
The soap's reduced to just a single sud.
'Tis jelly all the butter ever blames.
A flash of metal dims behind the dust.
Relayed explosions stop the touching meal.
A sign of hearts dispersed remains of rust.
The only beat corrupts what passed for real.
Discussions break the early birds apart.
But many's the word the blinding day'd impart.

No comments:

Post a Comment