Monday, May 17, 2004

I seem to've forgotten my morning routine. I just woke up and I have no idea what to do next. So I guessed I'd do a blog entry . . .

Dreamt a strange girl and I were massacring people at the mall with rapiers. For some reason, no one seemed to care much. I think we were only attacking the evil ninjas. At one point, a boy stole my sword and the girl and I tried to buy a new one at the weapons shop only to discover rapiers were seven hundred dollars.

But then I spotted the kid and chased him into the Cinnabon. And I got my sword back.

...

A couple nights ago, I watched Queen Christina starring Greta Garbo and John Gilbert. Gilbert was a silent film actor who didn't make it far in talkies, although from Queen Christina, I wasn't as sure about why as I was earlier. Yes, his voice was a little high-pitched and helium-like. But he still seemed like a charismatic fellow. Greta Garbo, who did make the transition successfully, didn't really sound like her voice was much better.

As for the movie itself, it was a charming, wildly unrealistic tale of a Swedish queen and her affair with a Spanish ambassador. It was kind of cool watching Greta Garbo strut around in men's Rennaissance-era attire with a rapier at her hip.

Hmm . . . Could that be where the dream came from? I think it was a combination of it and watching The Venture Brothers pilot again last night. I hope that show gets picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment