Thursday, July 19, 2007

The air conditioner's broke, and it's hotter inside than it is outside, where it's 84 degrees. I've been through worse; it got to be 111 during Comic-Con last year, but I don't seem to be handling heat very well lately. It's making me sluggish and confused. I did get to use my mother's office a few days ago, though, and got a little drawing done. Otherwise, I'm not sure what I'm doing. To be honest, I'm not sure I ought to be doing anything. I have one printout of the comic I'm submitting to publishers and I can't afford another colour ink cartridge right now. So I think I'll save this one for portfolio review at the Comic-Con, and if no-one seems interested in it, I'm not sure that there's a whole lot of point in doing a second issue.

I do feel slightly encouraged about this work, though. I'm thinking I'll turn it into a five-shot mini-series, as that's close to the sort of thing a lot of publishers seem to want (this Wikipedia page is enormously helpful).

Anyway, it'd be awfully convenient if I oughtn't to be doing anything right now and I kind of can't do anything right now. Even if I had a desk, I don't know if I could work in this heat.

My aunt's friend Violet came to visit, and the timing of her bargain flight was rather bad as there's no more bedrooms left here and she's had to sleep on the floor in an air mattress. I offered the guest room I'm occupying, but it was not wanted, possibly because there are no washed sheets. And Violet couldn't get a hotel room because they're all booked for Comic-Con.

Oh, yes. For those of you who don't know about the size of Comic-Con, know that every hotel in San Diego county is full up more than a week before the first day of the Con. It gets bigger every year, last year there were 123,000 attendees, and this year the four day passes have already been sold out for a few days. I'm looking forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment