Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Having a croissant instead of oatmeal this morning really paid off--by 2am, I got everything done I had scheduled for myself; I drew two pages, inked three, and did as much colouring as I could for the duration of a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 episode (I'm not measuring the colouring in pages since, as I'm using the same colour palette for all the pages I currently have scanned, I'm colouring single components straight down the line . . . That's not very clear, but I'm tired, so deal)*

So I guess I clocked another twelve hours to-day. Maybe more like eleven, if you take out lunch and dinner. The fire situation hasn't seemed to change--a couple news sites say it's certain to get worse to-morrow, so we're a long way from being out of the woods. It still doesn't look like it's going to come this way, but it's still only about thirty miles away, and is spreading uncontrollably.

Here's a spot I drive through frequently--I drove through here when I went for sushi on Friday;



I was only away from the house for two hours, remember, so factoring in that I bought Dune and read some of it at the restaurant, you can see this is indeed very close. This satellite photo from CNN isn't encouraging;



Of course, also discouraging from CNN was Glen Beck taking a moment to say, "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today."

There's some perspective for ya. Don't let the lava scare you away from grabbing the Ring of Power . . .


*Red Zone Cuba was the MST3kepisode, by the way. Crow: "This movie dares you to watch it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment