Monday, October 22, 2007

I woke up to the smell of something burning to-day. It was, of course, San Diego. Again. I guess this is what the orange-red dryer was up to (maybe the guy was saying, "Orange County Fire"?). The southern perimeter is the 56 freeway, which is about thirty miles northeast of here. The fire's supposed to move to the coast, but who can predict these things, especially when the Yahoo! news site says it's "zero percent contained."

The last time this happened, in 2003, it was also around Halloween. I wrote in my blog;

Driving on Fletcher Parkway, into the cancer yellow haze, I looked up and saw, in a half constructed tower on the corner, the dark shape of a rotted corpse, silhouetted against the diluted sunlight, hanging from a noose.

Wouldn't it be funny if Armeggeddon happened on Halloween? The thought's crossed my mind more than once over the past couple days.


So God doesn't want me to finish this Halloween special comic, eh? Bah! It will be done, if the flesh melts from my fingers!

"There are only two creatures of value on the face of the earth: those with the commitment, and those who require the commitment of others." - John Adams

I now have eight pages drawn and four inked. That's almost the equivalent of a Boschen and Nesuko chapter in just four days. Now I just need to do this 2.5 more times. Plus colouring. I shall!

Last night I listened to commentaries for 1776 and Secretary, which I think must be the sweetest movie ever made. In all, I worked about twelve hours yesterday.

And here I go again . . . !

No comments:

Post a Comment