Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Since Wednesday appears to be the new Thursday, I went out and about. I went into Mitsawa, walked to the back and came face to face with a Mickey, Donald, and Goofy cartoon I hadn't seen since I was a kid. The guy working at the little anime store had put in a DVD of Disney Halloween shorts. It also had Ichabod and Mr. Toad on it--I was seriously in danger of standing there all day.

The Mickey/Donald/Goofy cartoon was the one from the 30s where they're ghost busters. I walked in when a ghost was tormenting a frustrated and helpless Donald. As always, Donald Duck cartoons tell the story of my life.

I was listening to Aimee Mann while I was driving this afternoon. This song resonated with me in a fresh, new way;



Skip the cloak and dagger bit
Don't you know we're sick of it
As much as I would like to stay
The message light just blinks away
And while I'm here you won't push play


I could quote all the lyrics to this song--it's like a transcript of my thoughts for the past several weeks.

Anyway, I'm very pleased to say I've got Microsoft Word again.

No comments:

Post a Comment