Friday, October 19, 2007

Really late start to-day. Well, I think I'm going to go back to sleeping during the day. It seems like I was generally more productive at night.

I went to bed at 4am, after watching Star Wars: Episode III while drinking brandy. What a strangely relaxing movie that can be. I was digging even the scene with that most notoriously awful bit of dialogue, where Anakin and Padme get in the weird, playful argument about whether Padme looks beautiful to Anakin simply because he loves her so much. I realised the scene would actually have worked fairly well if the two just didn't say anything. John Williams has a sweet, forebodingly sad violin solo going, and Coruscant at night is really beautiful. Maybe it was the glasses of brandy I'd had, but I started really getting effected by Anakin's and Padme's doomed, naïve romance.

I slept until 9am, when I woke up having this really complicated scenario in my head where Ash confronts Pikachu, holding him by the shoulders, trying to figure out why Pikachu, of all the Pokemon, is so special. "Why do I choose you, Pikachu?" he asked. Of course Pikachu could only reply, "Pika?"

I fell asleep again about an hour and a half later and didn't wake until 1pm. Oh, the weighty thoughts stealing my slumber.

Right. To the comic making . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment