Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Back to Old Nockmaar

The writing on Willow continues to be weak but I continue to enjoy it for some reason. Last night's episode had the Everyone Finds Out Everything problem I've noticed is recurrent in modern television writing. In this case, Willow using his disappearing pig trick to beat Bavmorda was made secret and everyone found out the truth via the most hackneyed way possible, by inserted footage from the movie as spectral manifestations.

It was kind of cool seeing Jade fight General Kael.

Maybe I just liked last night's episode because it was basically a story about a group of people trapped in a haunted house, a story type for which I'm a sucker.

I'm still trying hard to like Boorman. Amar Chadha-Patel has such an interesting face, with such large features.

I did like a little exchange between him and Willow about the people Bavmorda turned into pigs. A lot of the dialogue really feels improvised, which is mostly a good thing.

Willow is available on Disney+.

No comments:

Post a Comment