Monday, December 19, 2022

Monday Morning Snow

Yesterday's Christmas miracle was the most snow I've seen in Kashihara since I moved here in 2020.

It was all melted and gone by the afternoon but it was cool while it lasted.

When I arrived at school, after a train journey and a walk through snow covered rice fields, the kids were making snowballs and running around with them.

Yesterday was my last day for a while at my current junior high school. We had a Christmas party in the English club. The kids played Christmas songs on the piano, recited "A Visit from Saint Nicholas", exchanged treats, and played Dungeons and Dragons.

It's a shame it was our last session. After a battle with Draconians on a bridge, I really felt like they were getting into the spirit of the thing.

No snow to-day, which is good for my laundry hanging out on the line, but I'm hoping it comes again later this week. Saturday or Sunday would be nice, or so I heard from Bing Crosby.

No comments:

Post a Comment